While working as a draper at Stage One and their summer brand, Music Theatre of Louisville, I designed a production of Cats.  The build ended up being shortened, and our crafts person had their hands full with the wigs and other accessories in the production.  I did the base dying and over-painted detail on all of the unitards.  As I wanted to keep the richly textured look of the Broadway version, but had no time for extensive hand painting, I tie-dyed the base colors, and then airbrushed the details.  Despite the two week build, we ended up with a good looking show.

victoria2

grizabella5

cats2

grizabella2

deuteronomy1

jenny2

tugger4

Advertisements